The Allahabad High Court or the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad is a high court based in Allahabad that has jurisdiction over the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It was established in 1869, making it one of the first high courts to be established in India.HistoryAllahabad became the seat of Government of North-Western Provinces and a High Court was established in 1834 but was shifted to Agra within a year. In 1868 it shifted back to Allahabad. The former High Court was located at the Accountant General's office at the University of Allahabad complex.It was founded as the High Court of Judicature for the North-Western Provinces at Agra on 17 March 1866 by the Indian High Courts Act 1861 replacing the old Sadr Diwani Adalat. Sir Walter Morgan, Barrister-at-Law and Mr. Simpson were appointed the first Chief Justice and the first Registrar respectively of the High Court of North-Western Provinces.The location High Court for the North-Western Provinces was shifted from Agra to Allahabad in 1869 and the name was correspondingly changed to the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad from 11 March 1919.On 2 November 1925, the Oudh Judicial Commissioner's Court was replaced by the Oudh Chief Court at Lucknow by the Oudh Civil Courts Act of 1925, enacted by the United Provinces Legislature with the previous sanction of the Governor General the passing of this Act.