Santragachi Kedarnath Institution had been established in the year 1925 on the 2nd day of January and the foundry stone had been laid by honorable scholar Lt. sri Asutosh Mookerjee on 17th July 1920. On 2nd January 1920, the class for the ninth standard started in the new buildingof our school with the temporary permission of Calcuta Vishwa Vidyalay and in the year 1927, after the completion of tenth standard the school’s students have been sent for board exams the first time. In the year 1933, our school Santragachi Kedarnath Institution finally got its permanent affiliation.
Our school has taken an oath since the beginning of its journey to illuminate the darkness of widespread illiteracy and lack of proper educational planning.Our school has been fortunate enough to have erudite scholars and professors to enlighten the students with their wisdom and knowledge. Today’s renowned school, Santragachi Kedarnath Institution , had begun its journey with only 225 students in 6 class-rooms. Then with the age of time, progress and development along with visionary ideas have made it possible to make their dreams come true to give the school such a shape of what it is today and eventually better tomorrow.
Presently the school a total student strength of over 3500 with 60 well defined class-rooms. Apart from it the school has well equipped science lab and a modernized computer lab. In addition to all the compound also has a big playground for sports and other recreational activities.